LaMaster Law is one of the leading law firms to focus on dental professionals and their practices. Our firm has a unique experience with dental practices, because our attorney, Matt LaMaster, was in-house counsel for a multi-location dental practice prior to starting the firm. Now we counsel dental professionals and dental practices on all aspects of owning and operating a dental practice. Our clients include solo practitioners, multi-office operations, recent graduates, and other dental-industry professionals.
Dental Legal Solutions
Like the majority of small businesses, dental practices deal with many areas of the law. Just to name a few: corporate and business law, real estate transactions, employment law matters, government compliance, and insurance contracts. LaMaster Law focuses on dentistry, and we understand the legal needs of the dental practice.
Some representative matters include:
- Practice Acquisitions. Buying or selling dental practices. We assist in the acquisition and sale process, ensuring that all your partners and team members (CPAs, consultants, or brokers) are aligned to effectuate a smooth transition. Each transition is unique and requires a hands on approach from an attorney that knows the intricacies of a dental practice.
- Practice Formations. Start-up counseling and entity formation. We will counsel you and assist in your start-up process and give you our unique insight into running a practice.
- Real Estate. Buying, Leasing, or Selling practice real estate. The office space is the keystone to a successful dental practice. If you are leasing, we explain every turn of the lease and point out which provisions are most relevant to a dental practice. We help manage the negotiation process and do it in a professional and respectful manner to help preserve the relationship between the tenant and the landlord. We also help practice owners purchase new real estate, and help with any construction law matters.
- Employment. Your team makes or breaks you. Whether it’s an Associate Dentist, Hygienist, Assistant, or a member of your Office Staff, we counsel you on a variety of employment law matters.
- Associate Dentists. Whether you’re the Owner or Associate Dentist, we help our clients structure and negotiate Associate Dentist employment and independent contractor agreements.
- Partnerships. The dental partnership agreement is a critical component to a successful partnership. We help draft agreements for partners and explain them in an easy to understand, easy to implement manner so that the practice can function effectively and profitably for the partners.
Serving Michigan, Florida, and Wisconsin
We handle dental legal solutions throughout Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida.