LaMaster Law focuses on serving veterinarian professionals and their practice. We provide veterinarian professionals with legal advice, training, and guidance on areas such as practice transitions, real estate transactions, employment matters, as well as compliance with statutory and regulatory matters. We help veterinarians in any phase of your life; whether you’re a student or a seasoned clinician, and whatever the location, a rural setting, mobile practice, or urban clinic.
Veterinarian Legal Solutions
Like the majority of small businesses, veterinarian practices traverse many areas of the law. For many veterinarian practices it’s difficult to find a legal professional experienced in the intricacies of a veterinarian practice. LaMaster Law focuses on veterinarians and their practice.
Some representative matters include:
- Practice Acquisitions. Buying or selling veterinarian practices. We assist in the acquisition and sale process, ensuring that all your partners and team members (CPAs, consultants, or brokers) are aligned to effectuate a smooth transition. Each transition is unique and requires a hands on approach from an attorney that knows the intricacies of a veterinarian practice. We walk with you hand in hand.
- Practice Formations. Start-up counseling and entity formation. We will counsel you and assist in your start-up process and give you our unique insight into running a practice.
- Real Estate. Buying, Leasing, or Selling practice real estate. The office space is the keystone to a successful veterinarian practice. If you lease, we explain every turn of the lease, and point out which provisions are most relevant to a veterinarian practice. We help manage the negotiation process, and do it in a professional and respectful manner to help preserve the budding relationship between the tenant and the landlord. We also help practice owners purchase new real estate, and help with any construction law matters.
- Employment. Your team makes, or breaks you. Whether it’s an Associate, Assistant, or a member of your Office Staff, we counsel you on a variety of employment law matters.
- Associate Contracts. Whether you’re the Owner or Associate, we will help you structure and negotiate Associate employment and independent contractor agreements.
- Partnerships. A partnership is a marriage. A properly drafted agreement can impact the financial health of the partners, and the ability for the partners to operate a streamlined organization. LaMaster Law drafts partnership, shareholder, and operating agreements to improve the efficiency and profitability of the veterinary practice.
Serving Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida
Although we are based in Michigan, we handle work with veterinarian practices throughout Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida.